Finance Forum Meeting
The session shall include an energy policy update and a review of forthcoming REA activities; followed by a discussion around important finance market developments and policy asks to see them delivered. Please register using the link below.
1) Welcome from the Finance Forum Chair, Michelle T. Davies, Eversheds Sutherland
2) Energy policy update
• Updates on Energy White Paper
• Treasury Net Zero Review,
• UK Green Financing Framework,
• UK Construction Bank,
• Race to Zero and COP 26.
3) REA activities and plans for the rest of 2021
• Strategy and work across four pillars: Heat, Power, Transport and Circular Bioresources.
4) Discussion: market developments to enable the energy transition for net-zero
• Development of PPAs and power flexibility markets.
5) Discussion: Finance supporting governance for further renewable and clean technology deployment
• ESG Reporting
• GHG Accounting and potential for greenwashing